Blogger Template by Blogcrowds and Blogger Styles

.

At Last

Here is something special that I wanted to share.


When I was sixteen years old, I was obsessed with the song called "At Last" by Etta James. It was my favorite love song and I would listen to it over and over. To me, it spoke the words and captured my dream of finding the true one I was destined to be with.

One day, I prayed and asked God that when I am with the one that He has chosen for me, then He could play the song "At Last," unexpectedly out of the blue while the one was in my presence. I held onto that ideal for a few years until my friends and family said I couldn't ask God for a sign like that. I was finally convinced that I couldn't really ask that from God and I let that go.


As Mike and I were driving from New York to Indiana to get married (although he proposed on the Empire State building on Friday, we had planned to marry that Monday), he asked me to pull out a burned cd from a pile. I put the CD in and suddenly I recognized the song. It was "At Last," and it had caught me unexpectedly. I had no idea he burned the CD for me and he only knew I liked Etta James and some oldies. "At Last" was the very first song that came on.


At first I was stunned and quiet. I kept speaking to God in my mind, and just in awe. God had finally confirmed it for me and brought me the one He had chosen for me. I was humbled he fulfilled an old romantic request I made as a teenager.

After the song was over, I turned down the music and tried to tell Mike what had just happened but I kept choking back tears. I knew Mike was the one, but God confirmed it far more than I ever expected. I hold to that always, that he brought me the one. At last my love has come along and life is like a song.

16 Comments:

  1. LisaShaw said...
    Congratulations and God bless you both. Your photos are beautiful.
    Martha said...
    Wowee, your life is a "happily ever after" now. You just might have to change your blog name to "Bring on the Sunshine!" :B
    Andrea said...
    Congratulations! You guys make a beautiful couple. GOD is awesome. I just love it when he reveals Himself like that.
    Blessings,andrea
    Heart2Heart said...
    Charlene,

    I couldn't be more happier for you and Mike! Congratulations and may you continue to have God's blessing on your marriage for many years to come.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat
    Pilar said...
    Sooooooo romantic! ;)

    Congratulations!!!
    Monica said...
    God has made a beautiful couple! Congratulations Mike and Charlene!
    Sisterlisa said...
    We are so happy for you both!!
    Lady Jess said...
    Awwwwww! Isn't God wonderful?!? I guess no request is too big or to silly for God.
    Lady Jess said...
    http://fromthepagesofmyheart.blogspot.com/2009/10/married.html

    !!!!
    Today's Christian Mom~ said...
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Ok so I have to share my story! I have been divorced now for a little over a year but separated for over 4. I have just finally decided I am ready to find the one God has for me and started to pray about it. Out of nowhere a guy at church came up to me and just told me a husband was coming. He doesn't know me at all! He just said he sees things about people and that was the word he had for me. Goosebumps!! I am so happy for you!
    Miss Charlene said...
    Wow, that's an amazing story! I do believe God already chose one for you long before you even knew it and now He's just paving the way for you both to find each other :)
    Unknown said...
    Charlene, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you, Mike and your boys. Thank you for sharing your wedding pictures with us! You were absolutely beautiful!
    Cassie Ehn said...
    WOW thats too great! I have a song like that in my dreams of the future!

    P.S. the 1st pic is sooooo romantic!!!
    Sisterlisa said...
    I miss you sister.
    christy rose said...
    That story is so like God. He cares about every detail of our hearts. I am so happy for you Charlene and pray that you have a wonderful life with your new husband.
    Jamielee said...
    The pictures of you guys are so beautiful and God is amazing!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home