Blogger Template by Blogcrowds and Blogger Styles

.

Instead of Halloween..

Hi everyone!


Halloween is quickly approaching! I wanted to share an article that I wrote last year called "Hell-oween." I already made my own decision not to celebrate this dark holiday five years ago. I remember what a difficult decision this was. Several people thought I was depriving my children of fun times. Yet, every year that I stood firm by my decision, I became stronger.

I definitely don't intend on depriving my children from fun times. We are starting our own traditions and having a fun family day instead. I have been brainstorming and was thinking about doing a "Candy Day." Yet, I'd love some ideas from you guys! What do you do instead of Halloween as a family? Please share :)



9 Comments:

  1. Beth in NC said...
    Hey Sister! I didn't do anything for that holiday until we started going to this church. They have a big Fiesta on the 31st and we go there.
    Heart2Heart said...
    Charlene,

    We start off the day attending our home church for some Bible based festivities for Harvest festival and then our kids trick or treat for candy in our neighborhood. We know our neighbors and have some great Christians that have pretty much dominated our streets. Then we all stay inside and enjoy time with our kids and their friends playing board games.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat
    Warren Baldwin said...
    Charlene, my kids are older now, so it is not as much of an issue. We did stuff with other folks from church when they were younger.
    Anonymous said...
    Neat Blog..I agree about Halloween... We don't celebrate either...we went bowling instead this year with another family that doesn't celebrate...

    Take Care,

    Brook
    myletterstoemily said...
    i wish i had seen this in october!

    we raised 5 children NOT celebrating halloween but having lots of fun including as much candy as we could eat, movies,games, dressing up silly, having other rebellious families over...and horrors, CHristmas music all day long!

    -myletterstoemily.blogspot.com
    Warren Baldwin said...
    Just checking in for a new post.
    Heart2Heart said...
    Charlene,

    Please help me spread the word of a sister in Christ who so desperately needs help with a limited amount of time left.

    http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-request.html

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat
    LisaShaw said...
    Hi Charlene,

    I miss contact with you and saw your beautiful face on an old post of mine and so I popped in to see you. I pray that you and your family are doing well in the Lord!! Missing your sister too! Please pass my love to her.

    Hugs and blessings to you.
    Lisa
    Jeremiah Johnson said...
    Very good stuff!!! I really enjoyed it :)

Post a Comment



Older Post Home