Blogger Template by Blogcrowds and Blogger Styles

.

Stranger in a Photograph

"Stranger in a Photograph"
Dedicated to my Sister @;-->--


You've robbed me of my worth
As a woman, and as your wife
She's just a girl
That you've never met
You don't know her name
She's a stranger in a photograph
And you've let her take my place

You say it has nothing to do with me
But it has everything to do with me
You left me out
Right where I should have been
And you let someone else in
(In your heart, in your mind)
She was the one you were thinking of
And it wasn't me,
And it wasn't me

Remember when I was your forever girl
Will I ever be enough for you?
I was created for you by the hand of God
A woman made for this man
I'm meant to be
Just what you need
Why won't you let me?
Cause I don't wanna share you anymore baby
Cause you're supposed to be mine
But I don't feel that way

Let me love you freely
Without fear of pain
There's so much we're missing out on Darling
If only it was that way
If only you could see
How much it hurts me
And try to understand
My worth is all in the eyes
of the man I love

by Charlene, 06/10/2009

14 Comments:

  1. Andrea said...
    powerful poem!
    Martha said...
    Sadly, I think most of us can relate to this :( you have a way with words, this is beautiful!!
    Joyeful said...
    This is such a powerful poem! Thank you for sharing this!
    Judy said...
    Wonderful poem. It reminds me of the movie "Fireproof".
    Kari Dana said...
    *tears*

    This could have been written by me (if I could write so beautifully).

    Thank you for sharing.

    Dana
    Heart2Heart said...
    I would agree, we have all been in this place at some point in our lives.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat
    LisaShaw said...
    Keep sharing your heart in the written word Charlene.

    I appreciate your warm words over at my blog dear one and my prayers are with you and your boys.

    Love you much.
    Sisterlisa said...
    This is amazing Charlene. It sounds like the heart of a woman who is betrayed by the eyes of her man seeing and lusting after another woman.
    Beth in NC said...
    Awesome Charlene. Been there in the past ... I can relate.
    Pilar said...
    Thanks so much for sharing your heart- I know so many can relate and be blessed by it, and others can appreciate the blessing they have.

    Have a wonderful day today!
    Heart2Heart said...
    Charlene,

    Please stop by my blog today for a very special surprise just for you.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat
    ~*Michelle*~ said...
    Bravo, Bravo......wow! That is just beautiful!

    I think that should be printed, matted and framed.....absolutely!
    Sarah said...
    Delighted to meet you. I just found you via the heart award and glad I stopped by. Your words splashed me today with God's goodness and presence. Thank you for writing, your words are reaching the nations.

    blessings from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn
    christy rose said...
    This is absolutely beautiful Charlene!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home