This recent Sunday, we had a visiting pastor. He is the vice president of West Coast Baptist College in Lancaster, CA. He pointed us to these scriptures in Psalm 37 and it gave me such great peace in my heart! I had to share it with all of you as well! During these times of worry and stress, and it seems that the wickedness in this world is prospering so fast, we still have refuge under the shadow of the Lord's wings.
The Recipe for Peace
1. FRET NOT THYSELF because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of inquitity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
2. DELIGHT THYSELF also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
3. COMMIT THY WAY unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
4. REST IN THE LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
5. CEASE FROM ANGER, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
6. WAIT ON THE LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shall see it.
(Psalm 37:1-8, 34)